The Facilities Management Unit (FMU) is a multi-disciplinary service provider that oversees the delivery of most building and university-property related services at UTS. These services range from maintenance of air-conditioning systems through to the delivery of all internal mail.
We also oversee major campus improvement initiatives such as the City Campus Master Plan and the Campus Works program.
With the City Campus Master Plan design and construction process well underway, FMU has recently changed its structure. The Unit now comprises two operationally distinct offices:
- Facilities Management - Operations (FMO), focusing on the day-to-day service delivery as well as the Campus Works program
- Program Management Office (PMO), charged with the delivery of the City Campus Master Plan, a massive overhaul of the UTS City Campus
This restructure allows the unit to deliver all projects proposed by the City Campus Master Plan while still maintaining the services and building upgrades essential the university’s ongoing operation.
Both offices continue to collaborate, given the many synergies between their respective portfolios. However, separate directors now oversee each office.
- Tertiary Education Facilities Management Association (opens an external site)
- Facilities Management Association, Australia (opens an external site)
- Green Building Council of Australia (UTS corporate membership) (opens an external site)
- Australian Security Industry Association Limited (opens an external site)
FMU operates a quality management system that has been certified to AS/ISO 9001. This system is linked with the UTS Quality Management System of use of the PLAN, DO, REVIEW, IMPROVE cycle.
We are a member of a number of professional associations, including: