Mail and Courier Services
All internal and external mail and inter-campus courier services at UTS passes through a central mail room, run by FMO's Central Services Team. Members of our team collect outgoing mail on a daily basis from around the university.
External courier services are generally organised directly by faculties/departments. We can provide information on courier services, as required.
p: 9514 1548
f: 9514 1551
Monday to Friday - 8am to 4.30pm
p: 9514 5231
f: 9514 5549
Monday to Friday - 8am to 4pm
Internal and external mail
To ensure your internal and external mail is sent on time, please ensure the following:
- All mail is to be ready for collection in your faculty/department outbox by 2pm (exact collection time will vary from location to location).
- UTS envelopes marked "Postage Paid" must be processed by the mail room. You must not place these envelopes directly in a post box. UTS will be fined by Australia Post if this occurs and the mail may be returned for correct processing.
- All external mail is to be marked with your financial cost centre for chargeback.
- To ensure your internal mail reaches its destination, clearly write the name and faculty/department of the addressee and, if known, the office location.
Inter-Campus Courier Services
- A limited courier service operates between all campus locations, delivering small items and goods between the libraries, ITD and Printing Services to central location points only. This service operates Monday - Friday between 10.15am and 1.00pm.
- Staff are requested not to use the UTS Courier Service for delivery of personal goods. Personal items will not be delivered by the UTS Courier.
External Courier Services
If your faculty/department does not already use an external courier service, contact Central Services for an information pack and consignment dockets.
- Please ensure your school/unit, contact name, telephone number and correct cost centre are all given to Central Services or written on the courier consignment docket when sending out goods.
- Please do not use the UTS Mailroom as the delivery point for personal deliveries, such as wine and large bulky/heavy items, since space and resources in the mailroom are severely restricted and we can only accommodate transfer of goods for UTS business.