Who to contact in case of an emergency
In case of an emergency you should first contact Security Services on extension '6' (internal phones only) or freecall on 1800 249 559.
TIP: Add this number to your mobile phone contacts list.
Security Services is responsible for the immediate response to all types of emergencies, including:
- Fire; explosion (including bomb threat)
- Serious accidents causing injuries or deaths (i.e. requiring emergency services) or causing major damage
- Violent crime or behaviour (including sexual assault)
- Major loss or theft
- Environment/Natural disasters
- Chemical spills; biological or radiation incidents
- Incidents relating to building projects
- Off-campus incidents involving students/staff (field work, work travel)
Security Services is also reponsible for contacting other units within the university and emergency services. We will coordinate any required secondary response.